Charter boards to choose between parish and state oversight
22nd November 2013 · 0 Comments
Many charter boards will take up the question of switching to the Orleans Parish School Board at their next meeting.
• Collegiate Academies, which runs Sci Academy, will meet Nov. 20 at 5:30 p.m. at G.W. Carver High School, 5552 Read Blvd.
• Crescent City Schools, which runs Akili Academy, will meet Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. at Paul Habans Charter School, 3819 Herschel St.
• Firstline Schools — which runs Arthur Ashe Charter School, Samuel J. Green Charter School and Langston Hughes Academy — will meet Nov. 20 at 5:15 p.m. at Arthur Ashe, 1456 Gardena Dr.
• Algiers Charter School Association — which runs Dwight Eisenhower Academy of Global Studies, L.B. Landry-O. Perry Walker College and Career Preparatory High School and Martin Behrman Charter School Academy of Creative Arts and Sciences — will meet Nov. 21 at McDonogh #32 Literacy Academy, 800 De Armas St.
• Morris Jeff Community School’s board will meet Nov. 21 at 6 p.m. at Morris Jeff/Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3368 Esplanade Ave.
• Choice Foundation, which runs Lafayette Academy Charter School, will meet Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. at McDonogh #42 Charter School, 3019 Higgins Blvd.
• New Beginnings Schools Foundation, which runs Lake Area New Tech Early College High School, will meet Dec. 3 at 5 p.m. at the school, located at 6026 Paris Ave.
• Friends of King Schools, which runs Dr. King Charter School, will meet Dec. 10 at 12 p.m. at Joseph A. Craig Charter School, 1423 St. Phillip St.
• KIPP New Orleans — which runs KIPP Central City Academy, KIPP Central City Primary, KIPP Believe College Prep and KIPP McDonogh 15 School for the Creative Arts — will meet Dec. 19 at 5:45 p.m., at KIPP Believe College Prep, 1607 S. Carrollton Ave.
This article originally published in the November 18, 2013 print edition of The Louisiana Weekly newspaper.